RECIPES

RECIPES
Living E-book

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Blended Chai Tea Day 106 Health Coaching Me: My Food Log for May 26 2013


May 26, 2013
My Food Log

I am writing what food i eat everyday to be aware of what i put in my body.


I ate 1c Veggie Ginger Miso Noodles

Ingredients for Veggie Ginger Miso Noodles:
1 pack kelp noodles
1/8 of a medium red cabbage sliced thinly
2 Tbsp ginger
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 c cilantro sliced
1/4 c mint leaves sliced
2 tsp light miso
1 and 1/3 c water
2 c collard leaves, stalk removed and sliced
6 grape tomatoes halved


I sauted all the ingredients in a hot pan with olive oil, garlic and onions
I added the veggies and kelp noodles
I put the veggies and then added the kelp noodles and cooked it untilready
I served it with  3 1/2 slices or about 3 oz Sous Vide Cage free Pork Chop

I washed the pork and patted it dry with a paper towel. I then vacuum sealed it and cooked it in a water bath below 150 degrees F for about 2 hrs. i removed it in the plastic bag and seared one side for 1 min in a hot pan without oil and seared the other side also for 1 minute. I then ate it with the stirfried veggies.





















I ate 1 c Broccoli and Cauliflower Saute

Broccoli and Cauliflower Tofu Saute
Ingredients:

1/3 c cashews
1/4 c pistachios
1 and 1/2 c cauliflower
2 c broccoli
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 clove garlic chopped
1/4 medium white onion sliced
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 pack tofu cubed into bite size pieces (requested by my partner - i just ate the broccoli and cauliflower)
1/2 c water, salt to taste

I sauteed the veggies in a hot pan with coconut oil for about 3 minutes and turned off the heat.
I then covered the pot and let it sit for about 2-3 min and then i served it. My partner and i shared it between the 2 of us. My partner and i were not able to finish everything. There were left- overs.
















I ate 3 and 1/2 slices cage free Sous Vide (French style cooking) Pork Chop (thin cut).
3 oz
This was bought in Wholefoods and then i cooked it.
I did not have a sous-vide machine but was able to do it my way
















I drank 1 and 1/2 c of chai tea


Chai Tea

Ingredients:
2c water, 1 tsp tea masala, 1 Tbsp dried black tea leaves, 1 T agave nectar, 3 Tbsp Almond Butter, 1 Tbsp Tahini, 2 Tbsp coconut palm sugar (unrefined and low glycemic)
I blended the ingredients in a powerful blender
I then strained the liquid and put it in a cup.

This tea can be warmed in the dehydrator for a raw Chai Tea or heated in a pot on a stove top, for a hot drink.

Note: In blogs to come i will write about my craving for chai tea and that soft texture of meat prepared sous vide style plus my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment