RECIPES

RECIPES
Living E-book

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

.Purple Yam Custard: Sentient Vegetarian: Philippine 'Ube Halaya' With Stevia


To Support 
Buy
Sell My E-book as an Affiliate in Amazon


Website:
    Ube Custard

This dish is served as a sweet in the Philippines with about 1/2 c or more refined sugar eaten with other sweets. I used this as a custard here in this recipe by itself or with meat. I eat about 2-3 Tablespoons of this in one sitting. I realized how i ate this sweet before when i was with family and friends celebrating, was not as food but as something that will entertain me so that i can be happy. I am now looking at my blood sugar reading and I can see that I can regulate the portions of food i eat that supports my body.

Free Copy of my One Day Food and Sugar Counting Log:
https://juneroca.selz.com/items/detail/53605ac4a1416c15e495aca8
My One Week Blood Sugar Reading and what I Ate:
https://selz.com/items/detail/5359b457a1416c172c0f3cf9
Free Copy of My Food and Carbohydrates Log:
https://juneroca.selz.com/items/detail/53613db0a1416c08280d151b

Ingredients:
1/3 c dried ube or purple yam powder
Note: you can buy it in Asian shops or the internet
 3 c water
1 c cow's milk
1 c (so good) coconut milk
Coconut  milk from 3/4 c shredded coconuts plus 1 c water
5 packets of stevia
Note: I used 'stevia in the raw' brand
4 T coconut sugar



Procedure #1 
How To Make the Coconut milk from Shredded dried coconuts:
Puree the water and the shredded coconut (1 c water plus 3/4 c shredded coconut)
Separate the pulp from the milk by squeezing the blended puree in a produce bag or fine strainer.
Set the coconut milk aside. You will use it in making the custard.

Procedure #2
How To Make The "Ube Haleya' or Purple Yam Custard
Heat a pot in medium heat.
Add all the ingredients in the pot.
Stir in very low heat for about 45 minutes or according to the consistency you desire.
Serve as a side sauce or as a sweet custard

Note: I eat about 3-4 Tablespoons of this in one sitting

 Pictures:


Shredded coconut with water in the blender


Blended dried shredded coconut meat with water ready for coconut milk extraction


The purple yam powder


The purple yam in a cup


The coconut milk 
Note: I used the 'so good' brand


All the ingredients in a pot


The unrefined coconut sugar


The boiling purple yam custard



Ube custard with savory cassava, embutido and cashew cream sauce,
garnished with chopped tomatoes and salt in the middle


Note: I eat about 3-4 Tablespoons of this in one sitting.

The Embutido Recipe

The Savory Cassava Cake Recipe

The Cashew Cream Sauce Recipe:




As Exchange for The Free e-books, Like the Facebook Pages On The Right Side for Support                                                                 --------------->

No comments:

Post a Comment